November 18, 2015
Watch the Google Hangout:
AGENDA FOR SYNCHRONOUS CLASS
- Reflect. Renee comments on Your Flipgrid “I wonder” statements
- Synthesizing and Explaining. Renee got some practice at this on the radio WHYY Philadelphia – Yik Yak and Social Power. Listen and discuss: How do you keep your target audience in mind when you convey information?
- Comment. Renee comments on your reading of the Mark Warschauer essay (Warshauer PPT comments)
- Discuss: What is remix creativity? Renee reflects on your MUUT discussion board comments
- Transformative use of copyrighted material. How can you use sources to advance new knowledge?
PLEASE COMPLETE BEFORE NEXT CLASS – DECEMBER 2
- Finding & Using Scholarly Sources for Your Inquiry. Watch the two videos below to learn more about how to find and use scholarly sources.
- Transformative Use, Copyright and Digital Learning. Renee wrote a book about copyright, fair use and digital literacy and she created videos and other materials to help people understand some complex ideas. Watch the 2 music videos below, noting some of the main ideas developed in them. Then Tweet out at least one key idea from what you learned from viewing using our class hashtag #COM410.
- Key Ideas for LEAP 4. Prepare a written list of key informational messages that your work will emphasize, with a description of what you want your target audience to know, feel and do after reading and viewing your work. Publish the work as a Google Doc and invite the instructor to view/edit (email@example.com).
What is a Scholarly Source?
How to Read a Scholarly Article?
User Rights, Section 107
DUE DECEMBER 7 — Multimedia Reflective Essay #2