Watch the Google Hangout
AGENDA FOR SYNCHRONOUS CLASS
- Reflect. Renee offers global feedback on LEAP 3 and invites you to offer feedback on your collaboration
- Comment. Renee comments on your reading of the Matthew Bowker essay. See Renee’s notes on the Bowker article (she used Kami for Chrome PDF digital annotation). Review student’s reflection on the Bowker essay by looking at students’ quotes and images from the Padlet Wall
- Podcasting. What makes a good podcast? Review responses on the MUUT Digital Learning page
- Introduction to Infographics. Guest speaker: Mark Davis, URI doctoral student and reading specialist at Barrington High School
- Designing a Good Inquiry Question. Renee reviews your LEAP 4 inquiry questions and offers feedback.
ACTIVITIES TO COMPLETE BEFORE WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18
- CONTRIBUTE AN “I WONDER” QUESTION. Use the Flipgrid to pose an “I wonder” statement that will be the focus of your LEAP 4 project. In true seminar style, view and comment on the wondering of your peers before contributing your own idea.
- READ AND DISCUSS. Read this article by Mark Warschauer and create a digital annotation to demonstrate your active reading. Email the annotated document as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Warschauer, M. (2007). The Paradox of Digital Learning. Learning Inquiry 1, 41 – 49.
- WATCH AND DISCUSS. Watch the video by Kirby Ferguson (below) on Remix Creativity. After viewing, comment on how Ferguson’s ideas may apply to your work on your LEAP 4 project, using the MUUT Digital Learning board.
- REVIEW THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOOD INFOGRAPHIC. Read this blog post by Henneke Duistermaat. and review the different types of infographics here.
- CREATE AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY. As you explore your inquiry questions, create an annotated list of resources that you have selected from popular, scholarly and professional sources. Learn more about creating an annotated bibliography here. Post this document as a Google Doc and invite the instructor to view/edit (email@example.com)
Everything is a Remix by Kirby Ferguson
DUE DECEMBER 7 — Multimedia Reflective Essay #2