September 30, 2015
Our Google Hangout:
View and discuss this video: Rethinking Learning
AGENDA FOR SYNCHRONOUS CLASS
- Comment on the Rethinking Video video here
- Review Key Ideas: Key ideas from the reading on the MUUT Digital Learning page
- Reflect on Key Ideas from Chapter 3 – Renee’s slides for Chapter 3
- Review Key Ideas: Video Games and Learning: discussion themes from the Flipgrid reflections on the videos
- Review LEAP 2: Summarize and Analyze
ACTIVITIES TO COMPLETE BEFORE WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7
- READ AND COMMENT: Check out at least three of the reflective multimedia essays written by COM 410 students and after reading, offer a comment using Twitter, the Twitter handle of your classmate, and the hashtag #COM410.
- WHO PROFITS FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION? Watch this video and generate a question that you would like to know the answer to, using this Padlet Wall.
- READ: Jenkins, Henry, Puroshotma, Ravi, Clinton, Katherine, Weigel, Margaret, & Robison, Alice J. (2005). Confronting the Challenges of Participatory Culture: Media Education for the 21st Century. Chicago: John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
- DISCOVER: Use the Internet to find relevant digital content (blog posts, research articles, videos, online games) that connect in some way to the work of Henry Jenkins in his 2005 article. Review that content and share it using Twitter and our course hashtag #COM410.
- EXPERIMENT: Explore some of the free, simple media production tools from this list to determine which tool you might want to use for creating your LEAP 2 video project.
- VIEW TWO VIDEOS BELOW and identify 1-2 interesting ideas and develop an inquiry question that springs to mind after watching these videos. Post your response on our Padlet Wall.
Learning and Creating with iPads in Kindergarten
High School Teachers Explore Digital Literacy
DUE DATES COMING UP:
NEXT CLASS: WEDNESDAY, October 7, 7-8 or 8-9 p.m.