September 23, 2015
Getting Started. Watch the Hangout here:
AGENDA FOR SYNCHRONOUS CLASS
- Review Key Ideas: Key ideas from the reading reflection on the MUUT Digital Learning page
- Review Key Ideas: from the Flipgrid reflections on the videos
- Review assignments: Writing a memoir for LEAP 1 –
- Review assignments: REFLECTIVE MULTIMEDIA ESSAY.
- Preparing for the Multimedia Essay: A Refresher on Academic Writing
- Review technology tools. What did you notice about using the Flipgrid for learning?
- Creating a Twitter #COM410 learning community. We practice having a live Twitter chat and learn the secrets of a well-formed tweet.
ACTIVITIES TO COMPLETE BEFORE WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
- READ AND COMMENT: Check out at least three of the memoirs written by COM 410 students and after reading, offer a comment using Twitter, the Twitter handle of your classmate, and the hashtag #COM410.
- READ and DISCUSS: Rheingold, Netsmart, Chapter 3 (pp. 111 – 146). Then select 2 key quotes from chapter 3 and write about the ideas, making a personal connection to your life using the MUUT DIGITAL LEARNING page. Then offer at least one question that sprang to your mind while reading.
- READ, VIEW and COMMENT: Gee, J. P. (2005). Good Video Games, Good Learning. Phi Kappa Phi Forum 85(2), 33 – 37. After reading Jim Gee’s article and viewing the video below, use Flipgrid to comment on the reading and the video. As in true seminar style: watch the comments of your peers before adding your own two cents, and if possible, try to connect your points to what others have said.
Singapore: Learning Can Be Fun
DUE DATES COMING UP:
LEAP #2 – DUE October 14